The New Rules of the Form I-9: Attorney Tips on How to Prepare
The Department of Homeland Security will soon be releasing a new version of the Form I-9, the ubiquitous employment eligibility verification form which must be completed for all newly hired employees in the United States. The new I-9 features several important changes, including additional questions, re-positioning of certain data fields, and a new 2-page layout which may make it the most complicated 2-page form in America!
While some of the proposed changes are minor in nature, employers still need to update their current procedures in order to remain compliant with the law. These proactive steps are especially important, as the government continues to ramp up I-9 auditing of all employers nationwide.
The new I-9 is coming… have you familiarized yourself with the proposed form? Are you ready for the changes? Have you considered how new I-9 fields and instructions will impact your paper or electronic I-9 processing?
Whether you just need a refresher on the upcoming changes or you have no idea what the new I-9 looks like, this webinar clinic will provide compliance tips and expert commentary on how to prepare new policies and practices now to prevent issues and mistakes when the new I-9 comes.
You’ll walk away from this webinar with:
- A checklist on how to prepare now
- An understanding (field-by-field) of the new changes to the Form I-9
- Expert tips on avoiding I-9 mistakes
Latest developments in workplace & immigration enforcement
Who Should Watch?
- HR Professionals and/or Managers in charge of I-9 Compliance
- C-Level Executives in charge of I-9 Compliance
- Government Agencies involved in I-9 Form revisions
What Others Say About LawLogix Webinars
- You ALWAYS do a great job! Thanks SO much for the information. Really appreciate your accuracy.
- The information presented was informative, as well as concise. Hearing from the different presenters kept the flow going to avoid boredom. Moderator was excellent!
- Thanks for sponsoring these webinars. The presenters are very knowledgeable and I always take away valuable information.
- Thank you – it was very informative, well paced, and easy to understand
Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy
Kersey Immigration Compliance, LLC
LawLogix Group Inc.
Stanford Law School