Session 1: Planning an I-9 Compliance Strategy
Conducting internal I-9 audits can be the first step towards getting your organization into compliance. The question is… where do you begin? And how do you go about correcting any errors found? Wouldn’t it be great if there was a roadmap to get started?
If you’ve ever thought about conducting an internal I-9 audit of your organization’s I-9s, then don’t miss this free webinar!
Featuring Paul Virtue, former executive associate commissioner and general counsel of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and author of the 1997 INS policy memorandum on the Good Faith Compliance Defense, this session will help you get started on planning a compliance strategy.
Topics for discussion include:
- Assessing basic I-9 risks from the top down
- Understanding the different types of I-9 errors
- Understanding recent I-9 case decisions
- Form I-9 auditing resources and electronic tools for achieving compliance
- Any many other valuable tips!
Who Should Attend?
- HR Executives and Managers
- General and Corporate Counsel
- HRIS and MIS Professionals
- Records and Compliance Professionals
Partner, Baker & McKenzie
General Counsel and VP of Product Dev., LawLogix Group Inc.
Faculty Director of the Rock Center for Corporate Governance, Stanford Law School