Back to Basics: How to Correctly Complete the Form I-9
As we usher in 2014, employers and HR managers are once again struggling with the deceptively simple Form I-9, which must be completed for all new hires in the United States. As in recent years, the stakes are high, as the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) continues to audit and fine employers of all sizes for simple I-9 paperwork mistakes.
Is your organization ready if ICE comes knocking at your door? What steps can you take now to mitigate the possibility of penalties and fines?
LawLogix is pleased to present a free webinar on how to properly complete sections 1, 2, and 3 of the Form I-9. Featuring immigration attorney and former ICE Policy Director, Dan Brown from the law firm of Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen and Loewy, this webinar will focus on the basics of completing and retaining the Form I-9 and provide attendees with the following information.
- Why do we have an I-9 form? Who needs to complete it?
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Examining and recording identity and work authorization documents
- Retaining and storing the I-9
- Reverifications and rehires
- Considerations in using an electronic I-9 system
Who Should Watch?
- Human Resource Professionals and/or Managers in charge of I-9 Compliance
- C-Level Executives in charge of I-9 Compliance
- Government Agencies involved in I-9 Form Revisions
General Counsel, LawLogix Group Inc.
Partner, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen and Loewy
VP of Sales, LawLogix Group Inc.