Skeletons Hiding in your Paper I-9 Filing Cabinet – and Strategic Options for Bringing them to Light
Lions, tigers and Form I-9s – Oh my! Have you found yourself buried in a mess of paper I-9s? Are you responsible for reviewing your organization’s Form I-9 policies and procedures and you don’t know where to start? Or, are you in the middle of a Form I-9 clean-up process and you are looking for additional guidance?
If you’ve been tasked with the dubious honor of “cleaning-up” your employer’s Form I-9 files, you may soon realize the project is much uglier and complicated than originally anticipated. As you’ll quickly learn, it’s so easy to make a mistake on an I-9 and turn your relatively benign-looking I-9 form into a ticking time bomb of liability. What’s more, a Form I-9 clean-up strategy that is best for one company may not be good for another.
During this interactive Webinar, you will learn more about the fictional company BestCo, and the real-life obstacles that BestCo is facing regarding the clean-up of their Form I-9 paper records. Over the course of the Webinar, you will learn step-by-step, practical options, that BestCo has for addressing, fixing and managing their paper I-9 records, including benefits and drawbacks to each option.
Attendees can expect to walk away from this informative presentation with a better understanding of the following:
- Framework and methodology for identifying I-9 errors, quantifying risk and estimating liability
- Practical, real life-scenarios for “cleaning-up” Form I-9 files, including overview, benefits, drawbacks and costs
- Emerging I-9 and E-Verify compliance issues and legislative updates
- Industries targeted by ICE and recent worksite enforcement actions
- The new Form I-9 “penalty matrix” for paperwork violations
VP and General Counsel LawLogix, a Division of Hyland Software