Managing a Multi-Office Immigration Practice with Software
Immigration law firms are constantly in flux, whether for business or personal reasons, and this can present a real problem for case management. Whether due to a merger with another law firm or expansion to offices in another city, organizational changes can inevitably lead to client service issues if not properly managed. Organizing client files with clear accountability and appropriate accessibility will be an important factor in insuring consistent service and protection of your client records. If your firm is contemplating these types of changes, the following points may be helpful in maintaining visibility and control during the transitional period and beyond. An important consideration is to insure that you have a case management system that provides the right set of tools for managing the unexpected. Questions worth considering include:
- Does my case management system let me create internal divisions to separate corporate entity employees or Foreign Nationals (FNs) based on office or location responsibility?
- Am I able to assign specific attorneys to either corporate or individual FN clients?
- Will my forms populate with the right attorney and office information?
- Does my system have security controls in place to limit the files or divisions a User may access?
- What is the experience for the client when accessing my online portals? Will the interface give the impression of one cohesive unit?
- Are my clients able to easily see who their firm contact is in a multi office or multi division organization?
- Will I be able to easily manage or access documents from any location?
- Is the reporting system robust enough so that I can maintain multi-office visibility and accountability?
A proven case management system such as EDGE will provide you with a wide range of tools for managing your multi-office setup. For example, in EDGE, firms can configure multiple divisions, each with individual logos which will be visible to your clients. Each member of the firm can receive appropriate user privileges, which limit access to particular office locations and/or corporate client employees within their purview. Similarly, each client can be assigned to their corresponding attorney and case manager contact, which enables secure sharing of sensitive information and files. At every level, when your client logs into the system or calls your office, the EDGE system permits your staff to respond accurately and securely to the client request. These configuration options also provide deep reporting capabilities so that accountability, deadlines and milestones can be easily tracked and managed. A well-designed case management system is essentially like a virtual office, which provides a high level of flexibility and control over your client matters. Whether you have one office or many, the right case management system will enable your firm to effectively manage organizational changes, communicate securely with clients, and continue to grow your immigration practice. Want to learn more about how LawLogix EDGE can help with multi-office setups? Current EDGE clients can contact Customer Support here or by calling us at 602-357-4240 ext. 2 for complete details. New clients interested in learning more the LawLogix EDGE system can contact us here or call 602-357-4240 ext. 1. Also, please visit our website at www.lawlogix.com for general information.