List of Practice Advisories for Deferred Action for DREAMers
In the last couple of weeks, DREAMers were given an opportunity to step out of the shadows in order to pursue some form of legitimacy. There have been a myriad of advice and practice advisories despite the fact DHS has yet to issue more defined guidance on the granular details of the actual request procedures. Today’s blog provides a list of helpful community and practice advisories related to Deferred Action for DREAMers from community based organizations, non-profit organizations, and industry associations.
1. Practice Advisory: Deferred Action for DREAMers – 6 Things You Must Know by the Case Management Guru Blog, LawLogix Group, Inc. (June 28, 2012)
2. Joint Practice Advisory: Deferred Action for Certain Young People Who Came to the United States as Children by American Immigration Council (AIC) and American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) (June 28, 2012)
3. Practice Advisory: Identifying and Keeping Clients Eligible for the New “DREAM” Deferred Action Status Program by Washington Defender Association’s Immigration Project (WDAIP) (June 28, 2012)
4. Community Advisory: FAQ Obama Administration’s Relief Process for Eligible Undocumented Youth by National Immigrant Law Center (June 21, 2012)
5. Community Advisory: What You Need to Know … Deferred Action for DREAMers by National Immigrant Justice Center (June 19, 2012)
6. Joint Community Advisory: Important Warning for People Interested in Applying for the Deferred Action Program Announced by President Obama by United We Dream (U.W.D.) withNational Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild and The National Immigrant Youth Alliance (June 18, 2012)
7. Community Advisory: Advisory Regarding President’s June 15 Announcement Regarding Deferred Action for DREAMers by Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP) (June 18, 2012)
8. Community Advisory: Immigrants with Convictions or Arrests: Don’t Let the DREAM Become a Nightmare by Immigrant Defense Project (June 2012)
9. Practice Advisory: Talking Points for Interviews on Documenting the Undocumented Youth (Affiliate Access Only) by Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) (June 2012)
10. Community Advisory: Deferred Action for DREAMers and Community Advisory: Understanding the Criminal Bars to the Deferred Action Policy for DREAM Act-Eligible Individuals byImmigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) (June 2012)
11. Community Advisory: APALC to Help Undocumented Youth, Warns of Potential Fraud byAsian Pacific American Legal Center (APALC) (June 2012)
Sign up for our newsletter to get future updates on Deferred Action for DREAMers and be notified of helpful tips on how to prepare for the request process once DHS releases more guidance.