Form I-9 & E-Verify: What You Need to Know in 2019
New year, new audits? Likely so. As we ring in 2019, the new year also means more worksite audits as Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is expected to continue its onslaught of Form I-9 audit notices and inspections throughout the US. Although, the news should come as no surprise given the Trump Administration’s continued efforts to punish employers who fail to follow the rules for verifying their new hires’ eligibility to work in the US.
As HR and compliance managers know all too well, completing a Form I-9 involves sifting through numerous gray areas of the law and interpreting often-conflicting instructions. The trouble is, even minor “paperwork” violations can land employers in hot water for non-compliance.
In this webcast, John Fay, LawLogix’s president and general counsel, and Annie Cleveland, corporate director of human resources compliance at Station Casinos, will cover what you really need to know in 2019 related to Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance as well as strategies for assessing hiring policies and implementing critical changes before ICE comes knocking on the door. They will discuss:
- Industry updates and the perfect storm of immigration enforcement
- Recap of ICE Worksite enforcement numbers and the revised “penalty matrix”
- E-Verify update related to the National Law Enforcement Tracking System
- The return of Social Security No-Match letters
- Essential I-9 strategies and best practices for “cleaning house” in 2019
- Practical approach for managing and addressing historical I-9s
- Form I-9 & E-Verify sample policies and procedures document
President and general counsel, LawLogix a Division of Hyland
Corporate director of human resources compliance, Station Casinos