WEBINAR: The Nuts and Bolts of the New Form I-9
On March 8, 2013, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released the long-awaited “new Form I-9”, which features several new fields, additional instructions, and a new 2-page layout. The new Form I-9 went into effect immediately, although employers may continue to use previously accepted versions (Rev. 02/02/09 and Rev. 08/07/09) until May 7, 2013.
While some of the changes to the Form I-9 are merely cosmetic, employers will still need to closely review and examine the new form and instructions in order to ensure proper completion. These proactive steps are especially important, as the government continues to conduct paperwork audits at an increasing rate.
Are you ready to deal with the new Form I-9 changes by the May 7th deadline? Have you considered how the new I-9 fields and instructions will impact your paper or electronic I-9 processing? Are you looking for expert guidance on how to interpret the conflicting guidance found on the M-274 Handbook for Employers and I-9 Central?
View this webinar for a special in-depth look at the new Form I-9, along with expert commentary from attorneys in the field. Our panelists also discuss the latest guidance from the USCIS and clarify points of confusion regarding the new Form I-9.
You’ll walk away from this webinar with:
- An understanding (field-by-field) of the new changes to the Form I-9 and instructions
- Answers to frequently asked questions regarding I-9 completion
- Latest guidance and clarification from the USCIS on the new Form I-9
Who Should View?
- HR Professionals and/or Managers in charge of I-9 Compliance
- C-Level Executives in charge of I-9 Compliance
- Government Agencies involved in I-9 Form revisions
What Others Say About LawLogix Webinars
- Your webinars are one of the best I have attended. Thank you.
- Very concise, informative webinar. One hour fits perfectly into a busy work schedule. Kudos
Excellent webinar. I am very impressed with the knowledge of the speakers, and always come away with great information.
- I really appreciate the information filled webinar. So many of these are really just thinly veiled sales presentations.
- Great chemistry between the speakers. It made it enjoyable to listen and learn!
Panelists: Wendy Padilla Madden, Counsel, Balch & Bingham LLP; Marketa Lindt, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP; John Fay, LawLogix Group Inc.
Moderator: Dan Siciliano, Stanford Law School