Webinar: Managing I-9 Risk for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Small and medium-sized employers face special challenges in completing the Form I-9 and E-Verify process. Such employers frequently lack a dedicated HR professional or simply find themselves overwhelmed with the sheer volume of employment and HR-related paperwork. To make matters worse, studies have shown that small employers are more likely to be audited and fined by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for simple I-9 paperwork mistakes.
Is your organization a small or medium-size business with concerns surrounding I-9 compliance? Do you have an I-9 policy in place which addresses potential audit risks and penalty exposure?
LawLogix is pleased to present a free webinar on managing Form I-9 risk which is specifically tailored for small and medium sized businesses. Featuring immigration attorney and former senior trial specialist for the National Labor Relations Board, Bruce Buchanan from the law firm of Siskind Susser, P.C., this webinar will provide attendees with the following information:
- Form I-9 risks for small businesses
- Analysis of potential liability for I-9 mistakes
- Benefits of engaging legal counsel in I-9 remediation and audit response
- The most dangerous mistakes made in self-auditing I-9s
- Essential elements for an I-9 compliance strategy
- Considerations for small and medium-sized businesses in using an electronic I-9 system
Who Should Watch?
- Human Resource Professionals and/or Managers in charge of I-9 Compliance
- C-Level Executives in charge of I-9 Compliance
- Government Agencies involved in I-9 Form Revisions
- Bruce Buchanan, Attorney, Siskind Susser, P.C.
- John Fay, General Counsel, LawLogix Group Inc.
- F. Daniel Siciliano, Faculty Director, Stanford Law School
- 60 Minutes