Much of your work as immigration practitioners is devoted to offering your clients the best level of service and individual attention you can provide to guide them along the often winding path to gaining or maintaining U.S. immigration status. Yet how frequently in your busy practices do you find yourselves or your staff spending more time than is available to stop and respond to repetitive phone call or e-mail inquiries from foreign nationals with routine questions like these:
- What additional documentation do my wife and I still need to provide you so you can file our AOS applications as soon as possible?
- What are the specifications from USCIS for the photos I need to include in my EAD application?
- Has my employer already signed the I-129 forms for my H-1B?
- When do you plan to file the I-130 Petition for my new husband?
- Have you received a Notice of Receipt from the California Service Center for my H-1B change of employer petition so I can start my new job?
- How long do you think it will take for me to get my green card? My cousin got his last week.
Sound familiar? Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a way to empower your foreign nationals to independently confirm whether they have provided you with all the documentation requested for a particular petition or application, check on photo specifications, or verify the status of a pending petition/application with a USCIS Service Center?
Practitioners who rely on a well-designed case management system like LawLogix EDGE know that all of this and more is possible by inviting their clients to log into the Foreign National interface of their case management system and benefit from the system’s pro-active tools to answer questions like the ones listed above on their own. Consider how an effective case management system includes the following tools (among others) within the Foreign National Interface:
- List of Requested Docs required by you for each case including what documents have already been provided by the foreign national and the petitioner and what documents are still outstanding
- List of certain completed milestone case activities you have chosen to share with your client such as drafting of forms, submission of forms for signature, filing of petition/application with USCIS, as well as receipt, RFE and approval dates
- Dedicated area for viewing documents that you have downloaded for review like support letters or advisory memos
- Links to Government Resources such as photo specifications, Info Pass Appointments, Processing Times, Filing Fees, etc.
- Interactive link for the I-797 Notice of Receipt Number so that the foreign national can check on the latest status of his or her filed and pending application on the USCIS Case Status page on a daily, weekly (or even hourly) basis
Sample Foreign National Interface Screen
Savvy immigration practitioners who take advantage of the foreign national interface of their case management system know that they can closely control what information they choose to disclose to their client in this area of the system so there is no need for concern that the client will view anything beyond what is specifically intended they be able to see. And all information shared this way has the benefit of being accessed through the case management system’s state of the art security protocols so you can be confident that it’s safe from unauthorized use.
So don’t be shy – introduce your foreign nationals to the benefits of using your case management interface that has been designed specifically for them and free up a significant amount of the time that you and your staff are currently devoting to answering routine process and status questions. Your foreign nationals will feel empowered that they have been asked to partner with you in the success of their immigration process and you and your staff will receive the added benefit of having more time for legal strategizing, answering thornier legal questions and, of course, case preparation.
Want to learn more about how to get the most out of the Foreign National Interface? Current EDGE clients can contact Customer Support here or by calling us at 602-357-4240 ext. 2 for complete details. New clients interested in learning more about the LawLogix EDGE system can contact us here or call 602-357-4240 ext. 1. Also, please visit our website at www.lawlogix.com for general information.Tweet